Friday, February 26, 2010

Snaux Day

Well look at that. Two back to back posts brought on by winter weather. I live in NYC, and we're currently experiencing snowfall that some would describe as the wrath of Thor if he got tired of smashing people with that hammer and actually used his weather powers.


Ok, not many people would describe it that way.

My point is that today I have experienced one of the greatest feelings known to man. I used to be able to look forward to such things, but not anymore. Mostly it is the field of of grade school students and their we're-underappreciated-and-we'll-make-sure-you-know-it teachers.

I speak, of course, of the glory that is The Snow Day.


Oh yeah, it was also a terrible Nickelodeon kids' movie where the antagonist was a snowplow driver?

This morning my alarm went off as it inevitably does. I dutifully got out of bed and prepared to face the day. I then looked outside and thought "Damn." Inspired by the amount of snow that I saw, I logged onto my place of employ's website and saw the blessed words:

"All offices are closed"

Since I can't come close to being described as "essential personnel" I have the day off.

Joy filled my heart as I sank back down into the cozy blankets and pillows. The ecstasy of the Snow Day is largely indescribable. The waking fantasy of every day is simply to go back to bed. Today it was a blessed reality! I nestled myself deep in my down comforter.

"Thank you, ThunderGod" I murmured before slipping away to blessed dreamland. And you know... I think he heard me.


"You're welcome, nerd."

So I woke up around 10:30 and decided that I should be productive. Immediately, I watched this week's episode of 24 and admired the hotness of Crazy Renee.


You can stab me 15 times any day... Wait, no, that's not sexy.

I then took some time to admire the new desk I just finished building.

That's not right either. In the interest of accuracy, I finished assembling it last night. My brother Lt. Rev actually builds things.


Like this.

But no, I just bought a desk from Staples the other week in an attempt to get my shtuff together. The assembly stretched over three evenings and was completed last night. I'm sitting at it now, as a matter of fact. It's pretty sexy.

Here's a picture of it from Amazon:



Mine looks a little different because I generally keep the drawers closed and also don't use it in the white room from The Matrix.


"Ok, guns, nice. Now I need a comfortable space to get some good writing done"

After admiring the desk for several minutes this morning, I decided that I should try to organize the rest of the room, which was thrown into considerable chaos with the addition of a large piece of furniture.

In the interest of accuracy, I should say that my room was in a state of considerable chaos even before the new desk got here. My old desk? A TV snack tray. Oh yes. From K-Mart. Let me see if I can pull up a pic of that goodness:


Yeah, pretty much that, but with a laptop instead of a delicious, homecooked meal which is eaten in silence, staring at syndicated episodes of Seinfeld and resenting your family for holding you back and killing your dreams.

So in summation: hooray new desk!

Other stuff happened recently as well.

Kyle, Jesse, Holly, Casey and I rented a camp in Lake Placid and escaped for a weekend of winter fun!

The place was nice and had an awesome large fireplace, of which I made full use:

Photobucket
Pay no attention to the empty beer cans. Or the friendship bracelet kit. That didn't get used AT ALL.

Photobucket
Ok, maybe a little.

We also played snow football twice, which I have little photographic proof of, because I didn't want my camera to be smashed. Oh wait, here's some, courtesy of Holly:


That's me with the ball and Kyle providing coverage.

Since you don't know any better, that pass was completed for a touchdown!

We also went ice skating at the Olympic Center's outdoor Speed Skating Oval.


Not pictured: Speed.


A blurry shot of Jesse and Kyle, but that might be because they were actually moving.

Also, this happened:

Photobucket
I have neither excuse nor explanation.

As an added super bonus, I got to see A.Rev!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
She seemed less enthusiastic than me, at first.

She quickly warmed up though (literally and figuratively) and became much more animated.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So it was a great long weekend.

And now I've got another one ahead of me!

That's all for now folks, I'll leave you with a picture of the mountains I took as we were driving out of Lake Placid.

Photobucket


Peace out,

Rev

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't spam me please!