Monday, January 4, 2010

Angels, Devils, Wizards and all sorts of craziness.

Hello.

It seems that nearly a month has passed since I last updated this, and I blame the holidays. All of them. Christmas, New Year, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and yeah, even Boxing Day.

Especially Boxing Day.


That doesn't seem right, but I've got a lot of stuff to get through.

So what did you do in the month of December? Here's what I got up to:

Sandstone's and Mr. Morchison's birthday party!

Photobucket
(It was Harry Potter Themed)

That's Sandstone as Luna Lovegood and Mr. Morchison as Gilderoy Lockhart. Yes, his costume was a Snuggie.

Deal with it.

Here's the students of Hogwarts, featuring me as Draco Malfoy:


The looking disgusted with everyone is a happy accident, I didn't even know we were taking a picture.

The party was fun, but riding a gypsy bus in the snow from Jersey to Manhattan at 1:00 AM with your head spray-painted white might be the sort of thing that one would call a "downside."

Also, my cousin Kyle (mentioned before in this post) came down to the greater New York area. Specifically, the much lesser part of the greater New York area, New Jersey. He's a bit of a Devil's fan and decided to take in three games. I was fortunate to accompany him to one of them.

Photobucket
Here's the view from our seats. They were nice.

Kyle was hooked up with two clubhouse seats. We were real close to the ice, but the actual clubhouse was the main benefit, for the two most beautiful words in the english language.


"Cellar Door?"

No, Frank. Stop it. It's Drew Barrymore's character who says that, anyway.

FREE FOOD.

Holders of clubhouse tickets are treated to free food and soft drinks throughout the game. Booze is still cash, though.

But when I say food, I mean food.

Check out the dessert table:

Photobucket
Also check out the guy in the booth glaring at my camera.

They had a coffee table, too. With fancy urns. Fancy coffee urns.

Photobucket
Fancy urns!

How about a carving station? You betcha.

Photobucket

And let me ask you something. What's the one thing that any self respecting hockey rink can't do without?

If you said sushi bar, then you need to get yourself to the Prudential Center.

Photobucket
Seriously, sushi?

I started off the evening thinking that this was a fantastic idea. My mind was quickly changed, however, when this happened:

Photobucket
GROSS!

Who drops a tuna roll and just leaves it on the floor? I'll tell you who.

PEOPLE FROM NEW JERSEY.

It is really uncomfortable walking around with rice wedged in the bottom of your sneaker. It was a weird mass that I did not want to go through the disgustingness to get rid of. I felt as though I was walking around like Verbal Kint in the Usual Suspects.

Photobucket

I felt like that the rest of the night. I felt like that even when we met Chico Resch.

Photobucket
"Hi I'm Chico Resch... do you know you have rice all up in your shoe?"

That's Kyle on the left, by the way.

For those of you not in the know (like me before that game), Chico is a former NHL goalie who is now one of the commentators for the Devils on MSG. I'm also happy to report that he is a really nice guy.

Photobucket
Kids like him too!

So we had a brief conversation with Chico, during which he and Kyle discussed the military and what's really going on over in Iraq. I added, helpfully: "Hello, it's nice to meet you."

Kyle was a fan from the start and so was completely won over, and decided to enlist in Chico's private strike force.

Photobucket
The Chicobra Commandos? The Resch-tafarians?

So thanks Kyle, for the tickets and for a lot of fun.

Let's see, what's next on the December events list?

I went to church one Sunday and saw a Christmas pageant.

My God. If anyone ever doubts the potential for chaos in live theater, send them to one of those. Hilarious.

Photobucket
"We bring you gifts of Gold, Frankincense and MOM! Sit down! You're embarrassing me!"

Hang on a second...

Enhance.

Photobucket
Boom. Angels. All right, I've got the blog's title taken care of so now I can just do what I want.

And that means Christmas!

I took Amtrak home again. This trip went as smoothly as I could have hoped. We got a 10 minute delay, but once they began boarding the train I used some ninja tricks and made sure I had a good seat with a working plug for my A/C adapter.

The train was crowded so I sat next to a woman also bound for Utica. She didn't say a word the entire time. Perfect.

We had two Christmases at the Rev's house this year. The first was real Christmas, which consisted of my parents and I, and was relatively sedate.

Photobucket
Yup, just kinda sat around, reading and being on fire.

Then Christmas 2 brought the great convergence on Monday. Dr Rev, Lt Rev, S.Rev and of course A.Rev all descended on the house for more merrymaking.

As in any Rev Christmas, there were knives:

Photobucket


And presents:

Photobucket

and frightening children:

Photobucket
I LOVE this picture.

And at last it was time to return to the City. Dr Rev came to visit for a bit, shenanigans were had, then it was New Year's Eve with some more shenanigans, including repainting part of the Queens Plaza Subway station and that's pretty much all she wrote for the month of December.

Oh yes, except for one major thing:

Photobucket
CONGRATULATIONS JESSE AND HOLLY!!!!


The sexiest newly engaged couple there is. And what better time to propose than in New York City in the midst of a freak snowstorm.

Give them points for memorable, folks.

Catch you later (sooner than last time),


Rev

1 comment:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

don't spam me please!