Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Back in the U S of Effin' A.

Hello! I am back! I have returned to the country of my birth and the greatest nation on the face of the Earth. It feels good to be home.



I'm still a bit jet-lagged/tired, but that will pass soon enough. Others have been telling me that it's mostly my own fault, as I got back to my apartment at 8:30 PM on Monday, and went to work the next day at 9:00 AM sharp. Evidently people feel that an "unwinding" day is desirable after taking several airplanes/buses/trains over the course of a 30 hour day (something about the international date line or flux capacitor, I don't understand time travel).

I say to them that sick days are for illnesses, and if you don't like it you can leave me alone and go back to your laziness and welfare fraud.

As promised, though, I have taken many pictures. As I don't have time to go into huge detail right now, I'll just post a few teaser promos, and let you wallow in your exquisite suspense.


1) Here's me radiating my smug contempt for Mao at Tiananmen Square:




2) Here's me trying to scale part of the Great Wall:




C) Ummm...




Yes, this trip did indeed have it all. Comedy, drama, culture shock, edible scorpions, karaoke, and lots and lots of poorly translated signs.




So yeah, you get to look forward to at least some of that later. Or you can save us both a lot of time and just come over to my apartment to sit through the five hundred and five picture slide show.

It's up to you.

-Rev



PS - bring beer.

2 comments:

don't spam me please!