Tuesday, September 11, 2007

When it rains, it pours

Hello folks,
So much has been going on these past days, it's been slightly crazy. I'm going to try and recall as much as possible, so this post may become a long one. It really depends on how lazy I'm feeling.

On Friday I did a temp gig. This particular assignment was challenging because I wanted to laugh right out loud every five minutes. The reason? This organization was the American Guild of Organists, and I'm fantastically immature. It was hours of organ-mail sorting, and organ-stuffing of envelopes. Amidst the giggles, however, I really took some bizarre satisfaction in the mindless repetitive labor. Sort of a zen thing, I suppose. Got the juices flowing.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but for the last two weeks, Oach and I have played host to a friend of mine from first grade. He was working over at the U.S. Open, with some fancy press pass credentials. Basically, he would leave around 8:30 AM and get back around 1:00 AM. It was nice having him around, and soon enough he'll hopefully live around here on his own merit. He is also the author of the tennis blog linked to on the right over there. Or HERE.

But as a way to thank us for our hospitality, he took Oach and I out to dinner at The Spotted Pig. I highly recommend this place. On a scale of one to ten, I give it an awesome. However, we've never been known for our planning skills, so by the time that we sat down to dinner the clock showed approximately 11:30. It was crowded, and their house beer was served british-style (warm), but the rabbit made it all better. It was my first experience with that particular game animal, but now I'm a convert. I am completely on Elmer Fudd's side.


Godspeed, hungry warrior.

But I suppose the main thing that I did was that 24-hour theater project. It was a lot of fun and I met new people and saw some old ones with whom I had lost contact. I shall now treat you to some photos of the creative process. You can also check out the hour-by-hour blog (to which I contributed) HERE.

Here's a bit of the writing process:


the cool people brought laptops.

Here is a dog that lives at that apartment. His name is Buddha Stalin.



Here is the initial readthrough of the script that was forced upon the actors by depraved, twisted writers.



This is Bun, she was in charge of publicity, balloon dogs and making faces.


Here's Oach; directing



And meditating.



This is Ricardo. He stayed up the whole night. Oach, Bun and I were the only others to do so. Everyone else sucks.



That's all for now... tomorrow Oach and I are attending a taping of the Tyra show! Be jealous.

Later,
Rev

4 comments:

  1. Oach here, appearing for the first time on this site voluntarily. I agree wholeheartedly about the allegiance with Elmer Fudd. If I were to grade the pot roast rabbit, which I am, on a scale of one to ten, I would give it a "sweet". Then next time I am in the woods with a projectile of sorts, I will be sure to fire upon this particular small game. The 24 hour theatre project was quite the experience. My favorite part was staying up with the "fantastic four" who actually crossed the finish line. For all those who were not awake at 6am, it is by all means your loss. But seriously, it was a great experience and I really enjoyed meeting new friends. Until next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that 24 hour thing sounds totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they teach you how to do your own organ blowing? Do they actually have organs in the office, and if so, are there fresh cut flowers on them? As we all know the only thing more satisfying than a dozen roses on a piano is tulips on your organ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one point I found myself dining on the bone marrow of the rabbit.

    ReplyDelete

don't spam me please!